Wednesday 16 October 2013

Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano

At the end of a long day at work, I have precious minutes to spend on developing myself professionally.  It is one of those professional requirements that we, as educators, find most challenging to meet.  I have, over the past year, started swimming in the sea of educational information on Twitter and have found myself a few gems to follow.  Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano is one of them.  Her Langwitches blog is a treasure chest of information related to professional development, pedagogy, and technology infusion.  It has been a source of great insight for me and has provided me with some great resources to use in my own role in the school division.  If you have those few minutes at the end of the day, I would highly recommend perusing a post per evening.  It is definitely worth your time.  I recently read this post on her blog, which discusses the ways that we can use technology to turn students into master learners by giving them the tools to learn and teach others what they have learned.  We all know as teachers that one must have a strong understanding of the subject matter being taught before teaching it.  She coins the terms workflow and learnflow to describe how learning can be effortless using the tech tools we have at our disposal, rather than making the learning about how to use technology the purpose of our lessons.  Whether you teach Language Arts or not, please have a look at her Langwitches blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment