Wednesday 6 February 2013

Google Apps For Education (GAFE)

If using dropbox has become a part of your teaching day, then I would highly recommend that you give Google a second look.  When I created my google email account 3 years ago, I had no idea how much I would come to rely on it for work purposes.  I use my Google drive to store spreadsheets and word processing documents, but because I am no longer a front line teacher, I haven't fully explored the potential uses of Google docs in the classroom.  Luckily, there are savvy sages of Google docs.  Jenny Magiera, blogger and tech officianado in the Chicago Public Schools System has written this very informative piece on the many uses of Google drive in the classroom.  Using this online tool will no longer permit senior students to make excuses about not being able to get together to work on their Science project.  Collaboration can take place in real time! Check out Ms. Magiera's blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment